So you’re thinking of dating an actor or you are currently dating one. Here are the top 10 tips on dating an actor written by actor Walter Jones.
1. Don’t be a fan. Treat him as the man you are comfortable with. Be proud of him but not shout it to the world proud.
2. Don’t be possessive or super jealous! He is going to meet lots of people. Networking is part of the job. Insecurity is not attractive.
3. Don’t post your personal relationship to your social network. Privacy is key. Your personal drama together doesn’t need to be shared with the world.
4. Don’t push your creative vision on him. If he’s working on a character in a script and you are reading lines with him, don’t start giving line readings to him. Unless you are directing the project! Every good artists finds his way. The finished product is what you see on screen.
5. Don’t be surprised if aspects of the character that he is currently creating sneak into your personal life. Sometimes a character has to live with us in our everyday environment so we can get honest reactions to what we give and take.
6 Do… Be supportive. It’s a difficult industry full of rejection. The best woman for an actor is one that lifts him up. Someone that believes in his talent and abilities and only wants him to grow.
7. Do…. Have your own life. Dating an actor, working or working hard to be working, can be lonely sometimes. If he’s busy filming he’s gone a lot. If he’s not working he should be hustling. Having your own life keeps you occupied and provides a second source of income if needed.
8. Do…. Be prepared to deal with an industry that is fickle. There are lots of people that surround actors that are users. If they can’t get something from you, they might ignore you.
9. Do…. Be open to spontaneity. Sometimes things happen fast in the acting world. You might of had plans for the weekend but if a job comes along, he’s gonna take it. Work is usually the priority.
10. Do…. Nurture them. An actor is a man like any other. The general rules apply. Love us up and let the adventure begin!
We’d love to hear any of your tips on dating an actor! Have you dated one? Share your stories with us.